Thursday, April 8, 2010




I created God for myself,
When I lost…
And when I found Love,
I conversed with him
Shared moments
And I saw the cracks in my faith,
Long before I admited it to him.

On the pavements,there lay
Innumerable mother figures.
Brought to life by illiterate hands.
Man creating God
And then worshipping his own creation,
Folding the same hands that had moulded
A Deity.

I understood faith that dayJ




Cold winter nights,
A mother willingly feeding her,
Miniscule share to her little one.
Adding hunger to her bag of plights,
With a gentle smile on her face.

I understood a mother that dayJ

A rose that I had kept in a diary,
Hidden or perhaps forgotten.
By the one who had given it,
In a moment of craziness.
The fading petals crumbling,
At the slightest touch,
Just like the pieces of heart.

I understood pain that day.

I grew out of fairy tales,
Stopped believing in “happily ever-after”
A pessimist, some called me,
I don’t care anymore.

My rare smiles grow even more brittle,
And my laughter is silent.

1 comment: